Wednesday 29 October 2014

Gemma Arterton: Theatre's a 'bigger deal' than film


Gemma Arterton says performing in a musical is a bigger deal for her than being in films.
The Bond actress is making her stage singing debut in Made In Dagenham in the West End.
She calls her role "a dream realised" and says she's always loved theatre more than anything.
Speaking to Nick Grimshaw on Radio 1's Breakfast show, the 28-year-old said performing in plays as a child inspired her to get into acting.

"When I walk past the theatre and I see the big old poster and it's got lights going round it like on Broadway, it's so exciting."
But she admits "theatre is scary" and says she tries not to look at the audience.
"There are big lights in your face which mean you can't see anyone which is nice, but I love it.
"It's the best balance because I get to act and be a bit of a rock star."
She says being in the show has taken over her life but jokes "that's ok, my life is on stage".
But when asked if she'd ever take her singing off stage and release a record, she replied: "I don't think that's my thing, but never say never."

No comments:

Post a Comment